Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bedtime disaster

Bedtime was a disaster yesterday! This time change is a killer when trying to put my kids to bed. On a bad night Kaitlin usually takes 15 mins. to get to sleep last night it took an hour. Keegan was even worse, I thought he might sleep in a little extra because he fought going to bed for so long but no he was up before Kaitlin was begging for breakfast. How do I get my kids to go to bed at their normal 8:00 bedtime when their bodies are still on the old time clock?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard if you keep there food schedules at the same time as before it helps. And I would try skipping their afternoon nap. Luckily Curtis didn't have any trouble adjusting to the time change.

janeen said...

Oh they still eat on their normal time schedule. Kaitlin might thinks she's dying otherwise. I mean who else feeds their kids lunch at 10a.m.?
I'll have to try skipping Keegan's nap today, as for Kaitlin she'd never survive without one. Lets just hope tonight goes better.

ckcclan said...

I just do it gradually. Ellie goes to bed at 7 so naturally she wasn't sleepy until 8 with the time change. So sunday I put her down at 7:45, then last night 7:30, tonight 7:15, and tomorrow we'll be at 7 again. I do the same with nap time. It takes a few days to get everything normal again but its much easier. The girls don't even notice when its just 15 min, as opposed to an hour.

hope it helps.

Debbie said...

this was the easiest time change for us. they go to bed at their normal times and sleep in. i know that will not last though:(

usually it takes a few days with my kids and i do what corinne said, gradually.

john and nikki said...

I hope your kids are back on schedule now. Luckily my kids had no problem adjusting.

janeen said...

I am definitley happy they are sleeping in and things are getting better. Thanks everyone!