Friday, April 13, 2007

another one of Keegan's conversations with Kaitlin

I made Keegan clean up his room today. He did it with no complaining because he is excited for Aunt Shannon, Uncle Adam, Ellie, and MaKenzie to come spend the night tonight on their way to California. Kaitlin must have been trying to play with his toys because this is the conversation I just heard him having with Kaitlin:
Keegan: "Kaitlin put that away"
Kaitlin: "why?"
Keegan: "Because if you want your cousins to come visit tonight we have to keep my room clean".
Kaitlin: "oh"
Keegan: "Did you know Aunt Shannon and Adam are sleeping in my room tonight?"
Kaitlin: no response
Keegan: "If you want, Ellie and Kenzie can sleep in your room"
Kaitlin: "No I want my train bed"
Keegan: "No! You share your bed, and you get to sleep with mom and dad. You want to sleep with mom and dad."
Kaitlin: "No I sleep in my train bed"
Keegan: "No you want to sleep with mom and dad okay?!"
Kaitlin: "OK"

Keegan just cracks me up. He will take every opportunity he can to sleep in our bed and he finds it hard to believe that Kaitlin actually likes her bed and sleeping on her own.

2 comments:

Nettie! said...

Each child is so different, aren't they?!

john and nikki said...

that is too funny! kids say the funniest things! it's amazing how much they pick up too...