Thursday, April 19, 2007

My poor babies

My two little one's are sick once again with that nasty gastrointestinal virus that won't leave our family alone this year. Continue reading at your own risk...

Kaitlin woke up from her nap yesterday afternoon and while Keegan, Kaitlin, and I were cuddling she said she had to go potty. Before I could even get out of the chair she started throwing up everywhere. She threw up on the chair, the carpet, on Keegan, on me, and on little monks (keegan's stuffed monkey). I stripped the kids down and put them in the bath and than started to fun task of cleaning up the big mess. I had the carpet clean, started the laundry and even pulled the kids out of the bath clean. Of course Kaitlin than wanted to eat so I took her downstairs.

All of a sudden I heard gagging noises. I thought it was Keegan and little monks just making fun of Kaitlin but when I went upstairs to investigate Keegan was standing in the bathroom covered in throw up. He had been hit with the nasty bug too. I hurried up and called Rod and asked him to come home early and thankfully he was able too. We got the mess all cleaned up and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening running Kaitlin to the bathroom and making sure Keegan made it to the garbage can.

I only had to change the sheets on my bed three times and by night time my room smelt awful. Poor Kaitlin woke up one time gaging, she had thrown up in her sleep and was choking in it. Luckily by 8 the kids tummy's had settled down and they were able to sleep through the night.

It's funny how different my kids handle being sick. Kaitlin throws up and than wants more food. Keegan throws up and never wants to eat again. I feel helpless as a mom to help them but at the same time I know in a few days they will bounce back and life will be back to normal.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Ughhh..that is awful!!! I really hope they feel better soon!

Nettie! said...

That is the worst but at least your husband was able to help you, that must have been a huge relief!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that we got your kids sick. I know it isn't fun. Let's just hope Shannon doesn't get it again when she comes to visit this weekend. It seems like it just keeps getting passed around and it never ends.

Oh and just so you know we got a sitter for Sat. so you don't have to watch Curtis. The dance isn't until late 8-11pm and so we didn't want to have to leave him there with you for so long when you are trying to have a nice easy going party for Keegan.

Anonymous said...

Haven't we all had this stomach flu enough this year? Well, I'll give you a call later today, but we aren't going to stop on the way home. We don't want to chance the kids getting sick again, and Adam really doesn't want to get it and have to call in sick after he's just had a whole week off. I guess we'll just do the whole 11 hours straight...joy of joys! Hopefully the kids won't be too bad.

janeen said...

That's cool Shannon. Rod wanted me to call you and tell you that the kids were sick but I didn't know how to get a hold of you.

Anonymous said...

Tell Keegie we said happy birthday and we're sorry we don't get to have a party with him!