Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My first test as a mommy of 3

Kaitlin woke up yesterday morning with a fever, she lounged around all day which actually my day a little easier. Today when she woke up, I was happy to see she no longer had a fever. However the fun began just shortly after she woke up when she started to throw up all over my bathroom floor. I was able to clean up her mess just in time for Rylee to wake up ready to eat. While I was feeding Rylee the kids sat at the table eating their breakfast. Unfortunately Kaitlin's stomach couldn't handle her breakfast and again she stared to get sick all over my dining room floor (thank goodness for tile). This time I wasn't sure what to do. Do I run to Kaitlin who has already made a mess every where or do I put the baby down and listen to her cry for food. I decided to help out Kaitlin and little Rylee was a trooper, thank goodness. I cleaned up the mess, finished feeding the baby, all the while telling Keegan that he could stop commenting on how cool it was to watch his sister throw up.
I thought about calling Rod and having him take a sick day, but than I figured I did a pretty good job managing this morning, I just hope I can manage this afternoon. We'll see if I pass the test.

4 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Good job wonder mom! Having three can be an adventure but I know you are going to come through it like a champ.
...good call on going to Katlin, after I had #3 someone told me that in the begining if you need to make a choice between the baby and one of the older ones you should try and help the older ones first because they will remember you putting them second over the "new kid", meanwhile the "new kid" won't have a clue they had to fuss for a minute, or in Miss Rylee's case, hang out for a minute.

Lynette said...

That's rough, but it sounds like you did a great job! Why can't we just eliminate puking all together in this world, it would make things alot easier :)

john and nikki said...

great job, super mom! i probably would've flipped out. good thing i only have 2 kids, huh?!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine. I freak out when I have to decide weather to discipline Curtis for being bad or continue feeding the babe. Beacuse as we all know our older kids are good until you start to do a task that they aren't the center of attention of. Oh the joys of parenting.

I hope Kait is feeling better.