Monday, July 2, 2007

joys of grocery shopping

I ventured out to the grocery store today. That may seem like a small task but I took along all three kids since Rod was working. It was an adventure! The two older kids pretended they were garbage men. They held on to the side of the cart, throwing in whatever grocery item I told them to grab. Once the kids got tired of being garbage men they decided it was time to practice their sprinting skills for the Jr. Olympics. However I wasn't cheering them on, instead I was sticking my finger in the baby's mouth because she woke and wanted to do what she loves most...eat! Needless to say we decided to skip the last few isles and head home. All in all we survived, the kids got to get in a little exercise, mom and baby got to get outside of the house and we now have our cupboards half way full. We'll see when we get back to the grocery store to shop down those last few isles. Hopefully when ever that is, I'll be by myself. How do single parents do it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember that daycare center right outside of the Wegmans on Latta? Now I know how it stayed in business. People dropping off their kids so they could shop in peace. How come this doesn't exist here? They have plenty of these drop off centers here at the casinos and a grocery store could be consider a casino because it has slot machine. Of course I don't think I would ever use a drop off center because I have seen the people who work at such places (at least here in Vegas) and lets just say they are not all there.

Dana and ohana said...

I tell my kids to pretend they are spies and if they let go of te cart the people they are spying on will be able to see them! Oh, and I totally bribe them!

A.Pandina said...

Wegmans has their very own "W kids" center in most stores...sounds like you could have used that service. I am amazed that you are even getting around well enough to go grocery shopping, especially after a C-section.

Lynette said...

wow...i'm totally impressed...go Janeen!!

Debbie said...

i can totally relate to what you are talking about. our pantry is so empty because i hate going with all of the kids.