I had a Dr. appt today and on my way to drop the kids off at Kristine's this is what Keegan was saying.
"Kaitlin we have to go to Aunt Kristine's because mom needs to go to the DR. and dad isn't home. That's what a babysitter is."
"Remember when we were at Shannon's and mom and dad left. We didn't even cry! That's a babysitter."
"Do you know Lekaya and Alexis? Their mom's and dad's have to work and so Aunt Heather watches them. That's a babysitter."
"When we move to Utah maybe Aunt Shannon can watch us. That's a babysitter."
This conversation almost brought tears to my eyes, literally! Keegan may be 4 but he throws the biggest fit when we attempt to leave him. He use to scream forever when we left him. I guess he's finally getting big enough to realize that everything will be okay and mom and dad will come back. Sure most kids learn this by the time they are two but my little Keegy just likes to take the long road sometimes. So Shannon, get ready to babysit, we can swap nights, if we live close enough that is.
2 comments:
I'm your favorite babysitter, right? I guess it doesn't really matter since you are moving away and leaving us deserted her in the desert. Have fun in Utah without us you stinkers.
Wow. It must be time for me to stop babysitting. My nephew only knows me as a babysitter. I love you, too, Keegan! I'm aunt Heather , remember?
Post a Comment