We have had a fun filled day today. We had to get our car inspected today. While we were there a lady told us about a park nearby that we could take the kids to play at. Rod headed off to the park with the kids while I waited for the car to be inspected. While waiting, Rod called and let me know that they were having a kids day at the park with jumping inflatables and all sorts off health and saftey booths. We decided to spend the morning at the park, letting the kids play and earn tickets for a prize. They jumped and slid down inflatables, fished for candy and tooth brushes, had their finger prints taken by the police, and ate a hot dog. The kids also tried cotton candy but neither of them liked it. When it came time to leave the kids traded in their 10 tickets each for a bike helmet. It was a steal of a deal because everything was FREE!
After we got back to Shannon's, I fed the baby and than Shannon and I headed off to the Woman's Expo. We signed up to win a bunch of drawings and came home with a lot of free candy. It was nice to get out of the house and just walk around a look at all the silly booths.
Rod is now out watching the BYU game which should make his day, if they win. If they don't win we may not want him to come home. What is it with boys and their sports?
5 comments:
sounds like you had a fun day! i wish i could say ours was that eventful. i was planning to take the kids to a free zoo event, a b-day party for the baby panda, however they had a rough day and so we didn't make it there. : (
Hi Janeen,
What happened to your love of sports?
I thought it was a girl thing, too, for you blood VDBs. I remember seeing you run in the hot sun past our pizza store. You were such a beautiful runner! :)
It's so great that Rod found a good job, and you will be able to buy a house not too far away from Shannon. It sounds as though Shannon and Adam have the gift of hospitality. Kritine must be missing you already.... :(
Best wishes to you and yours.
Love,
Aunt Lee
sounds like you scored. i always love a free fun activity. and you one bike helmets. that is amazing. so much better than chuck e cheese.
i must say i am surprised your kids went down the inflatables. did you get to go down too? the first time curtis went in one of those bouncy houses he was scared to death. i don't know how he would do now.
how did last night go. was Rod depressed with BYU's loss? We went straight to the UNLV game after the BYU game and UNLV lost too. John couldn't believe we had two losses in one night. bummer.
is rod coming to the byu game here? are you coming with him?
i had to go shopping all by myself this weekend since you weren't here. at least shannon got to play with you.
Aunt Lee I had no idea you saw me run by your pizza shop but come to think of it, I did run by it a lot. I still like soccer and running even though I don't do it very much. I just think guys get a little too depressed when their team looses. Although Rod was a good sport after byu lost on saturday.
Janeen,
I am so impressed that you still stay active. I stopped after baby number two, and it shows. Thankfully, Uncle Kyle is such a sweetheart. :)
You look gorgeous. I love your photo holding Rylee on her blessing day. What a beautiful family you have. Kaitlin looks like a model. I know this sounds odd, but Keegan looks like my cousin, Peggy's, boys.
Please know that I think of you often with love always!!! :)
Hugs to all,
Aunt Lee
Post a Comment