
McKenzie turned two on Friday! Kaitlin was so excited she kept saying "kenzie is two like me, I two and a half".
To celebrate, we drove up to Shannon's and had a nice spaghetti dinner and a yummy ice cream cake that Shannon made. Kenzie opened her presents and she was in baby heaven. She got a new baby doll, a high chair, and a baby crib. I think all the kids were jealous. Happy Birthday Kenzie!
Shannon, Laura, Rylee and I took off for Moab after Kenzie's party on Friday night. It should have taken 3 hours to get there, but with the bad road conditions it took us 5 hours. We arrived around midnight and went to bed.
In the morning we got all ready for our 10K race. The weather forecasts predicted an 80% chance of rain and thankfully our prayers were answered and we were able to run a very dry race, although it was quite windy. Rylee was the youngest little runner and was a real trooper during the race. She fell asleep an hour before the race and slept for the first half of the run and forgave me for allowing her to cry the last 3 miles of the race.
All three of us were able to finish the race and we all beat our goal times. Shannon came in first with a time of 57 mins, I came in with a time of 1 hour 12 mins and Laura came in at 1 hour 19 mins. We were all exhausted, Shannon was so exhausted she threw up, but we are happy we did it and happy it is over.


7 comments:
I admire your determination and follow through on your goal - very impressive what the three of you and Rylee did on your run!!! Also, thanks for sharing all the birthday news, too.
Aunt Lee
you guys made it! yeah! if i were there with you you guys would have had to wait a long time for me to cross the finish line.
is that a new coat that you have on?
ps. nice snowsuit Alessia. Did your favorite Aunt send you that?
Way to go guys! I mean gals! I wouldn't have been able to run that fast.
I am very impressed!
good job you guys. So sorry I missed you but that snow just messed everything up! Next time!
congrats on making it through the race in good time!
Post a Comment