Thursday, April 10, 2008

How do I look?

I have the worst eye infection ever! I have contacts and they are the ones you keep in for 2 weeks and than throw out. Well I don't keep them in for just two weeks. I even told my Eye Dr this and he told me it's really OK to keep them in for three weeks but I than should toss them. Well the contacts that I had in my eyes have been in my eyes for about 3-4 months, yes I did say months. I guess my eye is now mad at me and making my life miserable. I feel practically blind and my eye feels like there is something sticking into it. To make it worst my nose won't stop running because my eyes are running like faucets. I would put on my eye glasses so I wouldn't walk around blind all day but one the prescription is 5 yrs old and outdated, two they are broken, and three my eyes hurts 10 times worse when I put them on. So I guess for now I have to suck it up and pray my eye heals soon or I'll be forced to amputate it (is that the right word? or do they only amputate limbs?).

11 comments:

john and nikki said...

that looks painful, my eyes are watering just looking at it! 3-4 months...Janeen, how could you see before the infection?

Anonymous said...

That looks very painful. I guess you won't do that again! I hope it heals quickly.

Doulabug said...

Oh Janeen, your poor eye. Take care of yourself!
Mary Ann L.

Dana and ohana said...

oh janeen...OWWWW! Have they given you anything for the infection? Hope ou are feeling better today!

janeen said...

I haven't gone to the DR.s. I am one of those people who try to wait it out as long as possible. I have to say that my eye feels a lot better today. It's still red and I haven't put my contact in yet but cross my fingers I'll be better tomorrow.

Kellie said...

Um. Ow. Nathan rolled his eyes when I told him (he is working as an optician right now, so he knows more than any person should about contacts, glasses, and eyeballs). I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to try to go about daily activities and not only be unable to see, but have your eye hurt as well.

Kristine said...

that better not be contagious!

Debbie said...

If that eye isn't all better by Monday, you had better get to an eye doctor. You don't want to take any chances with your sight.

Sara said...

Not only that, but your face is purple too!

OK, but in all seriousness.. ow! That does look painful. I used to do the same too and wear my contacts way longer than I should. I even had one eye dr. get mad at me about it. I finally get a different brand wear them for a few months at a time but those eventually starting too and I've been wearing glasses ever since. I think I'm about ready to try contacts again though.

Good luck!

janeen said...

For all your worry warts aout there, my eye is all better. I put my contacts back in on Saturday (haven't taken them out since-I guess I didn't learn my lesson). And I am feeling great!

A.Pandina said...

I'm going to scold you if your mother hasn't already! You know eye health is very impor...anyway, glad you are feeling better.