Saturday, May 17, 2008

We have had a fun filled Saturday!

Spring is finally really here although it actually feels like summer. For the past 3days we have played outside pretty much all day long. When the weather is so nice and we can actually go outside to play, I feel like being a stay at home mom is the greatest job ever. I almost feel guilty for being able to play all day long while Rod is at work. But hey someone had to keep the kids entertained, right?!

Yesterday Keegan had me play baseball with him for about 3 hours. I pitched the ball to him, he hit it, I chased the ball and than attempted to catch him. It was a lot of fun. I think all the practice paid off because at his last T-ball game today he really hit the ball well. His second hit was a line drive right into the pitcher, thankfully the pitcher was Rod. Every time he was at bat, he hit the ball and didn't need the tee.
It's a little sad that his season is now over but there's always next year. Here is Keegan with his trophy!


And there's Kaitlin. She woke up from her nap with this crazy hair. I have never seen her hair so curly and crazy. The heat is sure something!


We planted our garden today. Yesterday Rod was able to till the garden area (thanks to a family in our ward lending us their tiller) and today we planted the seeds. I was going to take a picture but than opted not to because well who really needs to look at different piles and rows of dirt. Once we actually have some things growing, I'll take a picture.

I had a relief society activity today which was a lot of fun. I really felt like I am finally to really get to know some of the ladies in our ward. I have always felt comfortable here but it's nice to get to know people a little better. While Rylee and I attended to RS event, Rod took Keegan and Kaitlin to a baseball game. Unfortunately BYU lost but the kids had a fun time running around and eating junk.

And that's about our day other than my trip to Wal-mart for groceries, Rod helping with a move, and Rod now being gone chaperoning a YM/Yw dance. I love Saturdays!

4 comments:

john and nikki said...

glad to hear you had a good sat. we spent it cleaning the entire house, getting a swing set for the girls and planting rose bushes.

janeen said...

did you get the swing set you guys wanted from Toys R us? Did you put it together already?

Kristine said...

look at that hair. wowzers. did she scream when you brushed it out?

i love her pouty face.

Sara said...

Love those pictures of Kaitlin. That must have been one good nap!