Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Since Rod is out of town, I packed the three kids in the car and headed to Verizon wireless to see how much a new cell phone would cost. My contract is almost up so I qualify for $50 towards a new phone. But to get the deal you have to sign a new 2 yr contract. We don't plan on keeping the cell phone past our contract date so I told them I didn't want a new contract and that I just wanted a cheap phone to use for the next 3 months. Well the cheapest one they sell with out a new contract cost $149.99. My jaw dropped, are you kidding me? Who spends that much on a phone and what kind of phone cost that much to make? They are ripping people of. This phone didn't do any thing but make phone calls. Are you kidding me, I just marched the kids out of the store and said forget it, I'll use Rod's phone whenever I need to make a call. and thankfully in October I'll be finished with my contract and they can go rip someone else off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey I'm sorry I missed you while you were here! We were at all of the same places as you - just diff. days or locations! If you saw all of the parade then you saw Audrey - she was on the Infinity Dance Studio Float the 3rd to last!
We'll have to meat up next time!!!
Annette- I thought she might be in the parade.
I will be back in august just for a weekend. We can try to get togther then. Email me your number again.
that's ridiculous! i've seen a lot of places sell phones for less than $50. they must have been just trying to get you to renew.
can you get a used phone on ebay? it might just get your through...
Post a Comment