Keegan woke up with a headache and a sore throat this morning. I didn't know if I should send him to school or not. I hate for him to miss school, it's almost a bigger hassle than having to walk him to school. You have to call the school and let them know he's sick, you have to get his make-up work and help him complete it, you ruin his perfect attendance ( I know, I'm a dork ) and lastly you have him at home with you all day miraculously better and driving you nuts.
I ended up calling Rod to get his opinion and he asked me if Keegan was faking being sick, I didn't think he was, but I decided to give Keegan the medicine test to find out. Keegan hates medicine! I got out the medicine, measured it, and told keegan to drink it all. He was sipping it slowly, shaking, and trying not to gag (he's just like his mom)and about 2 mins later he finished it. So yep, he's not feeling well, I made him take a shower and get dressed anyway and promised him a day of PBS Kids on the couch. After his shower, he felt better ( thank goodness for children's motrin) and decided that he was going to go to school even though he didn't want to miss all the cool shows on the t.v. I guess Keegan hates missing school just as much as I did when I was a kid, not because we love school so much but because it's such a hassle to miss a day.
2 comments:
I always faked sick when I was a kid. Not that I thought I'd have so much fun at home or at my mom's work (she always took up with her to work if we were sick) but I just was such a mama's girl I hated her leaving me at school. As I got older it became more of I just didn't want to go. I hope he's feeling better!
I didn't start fake being sick till I was in jr. high. And it usually was because I was trying to avoid an unpleasant situation at school.
Hope you have no sick kids for Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Post a Comment