Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've decided that I have procrastinated enough, it's time to blog about my trip to NY!

Rylee and I took the 1 am flight to NY. I decided on the overnight flight because I figured Rylee would sleep. Rylee was an angel and slept the whole way to NY other than for a few quick minutes in the ATL airport.

We arrived in Rochester at 11 am. Grammy was at the airport waiting for us and bribed Rylee with a treat to get her to come to her, it worked and for most the trip Rylee wasn't too shy.

On Wednesday we were able to visit Oma (my Grandma VDB) and we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel, where Rylee spit out all her food.

On Thursday, Justin came over with one of his friends and her baby. We were able to chat for a while and than Justin, Papi, Rylee, and I met Alison at the Children's Museum. The museum was fun but a little exhausting. the only picture that turned out from our trip to the musuem.

Since both my parents were working on Friday, I went and spent some time with Alison at her house. It was fun getting to see her and her little girl again.
Friday night we met up with my mom's side of the family. We ate pizza and subs and just hung out, it was a lot of fun seeing the fam again.

Saturday was a relaxing day. I was able to meet up with an old high school friend, Jacqueline and talk. We went to Wegman's. The store is huge now that they remodeled it.

Sunday was Easter. Rylee got a Mr. Potato head in her Easter basket and that is all she cared for. We went to church and than had an Easter dinner at my parents house with my dad's side of the family. Rylee with her easter basket.

Aunt Claire helping Rylee fly.

And Monday came all too soon, because that meant we had to head home. The flights went well, but having rylee awake the whole time was not as much fun as having her asleep the whole time. Luckily a little 8 yr old sat next to us and entertained Rylee and I for 4 hours.

It was fun to come home and see Rod, Keegan and Kaitlin again,. The kids colored us pictures and Keegan wrote us notes telling us how much he loved us. It was fun to be in NY but it's also good to be home!

Justin, me,and rylee

4 generation picture (Papi, Oma, Rylee, and I)

3 comments:

Lee said...

I am so happy that we were able to spend time with you and Riley. We cannot wait to meet the rest of your crew.

Here's a local website to find teaching positions at the local schools:

www.naz.edu
click career services
select teacher postings

Kristine said...

Ok, I have a long comment...or lots of comments so this will be long...

You got to go to Cracker Barrel? I am so jealous. Please tell me you got the Chicken Fried Chicken. Was it as good as you remembered? I miss that place.

Jealous that you got to hang out with Ali twice.

You never mentioned Claire came to dinner. How lucky. I haven't seen her in a long time. You must be her favorite.

Justin needs a haircut, BADLY! And a shave. And he never came to play with me when I was in NY last.

And finally, I love the last pic. Oma looks super good.

Maybe it is time for me to take a trip to NY.

Dana and ohana said...

Lots of comments from me too...

cracker barrel. I think VDB's keep that place open

I am clearly Ant Claires fav. even though I have not seen or talked to the her since your wedding reception...how long ago was that?

I'd be thrilled if my kids slept on a nice long airplane trip. I am seriously considering drugging them all this summer when we fly home. Don't judge me.

Yes Oma looks wonderful. She is the cutest.