Sunday, August 1, 2010

On Sunday's things are usually chaotic around here. We usually are running around trying to get everyone fed, showered, dressed, re-fed, hair fixed, and settled down before church starts at 1p.m. But not today, the kids are all in Idaho, Rod is with ym collecting fast offerings and I am home in a silent home all by myself. It's a little creepy but so nice at the same time.

Why are the kids in Idaho? Well tomorrow Rod and I leave with the youth from our stake to Martin's cove to experience the pioneer trek. Rod and I will be Ma and pa's to 9 youth, we will be walking 13 miles a day, pulling a hand cart, and strengthening our testimonies.

Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa, and Greg and Heather are graciously watching our children for us. To be honest it was a little sad to leave my baby, but I know Reagan is in great hands and will be spoiled with a lot of love and attention. As for the other kids I don't worry too much about them, I just pray they are well behaved and enjoy some cousin time.

So stay tune for the next updated post all about our trek experience!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've always wanted to do a trek, but seems that I always miss the chance. Have fun!

Heather said...

Hey, not so quiet at this house!! But things are going great. Have a wonderful time!