Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh the joys of false labor

Last night I started to have a bunch of contractions. My back was really hurting so after trying to decide if they were real or not we decided to go to the hospital. At the hospital the nurse hooked me up to all the machines and started to monitor me. She called the DR and they decided to monitor me for 2 hours and than check to see if I would dialate. The nurse told me my back labor was probably a result of the baby being turned backwards. The baby's head is down where it is suppose to be but her spine sits up against mine, let me tell you it's not pleasant. They also made me drink 2 liters of water because they thought I could be dehydrated because I was having fun running to the bathroom early that night. After two hours, my contractions had really started to hurt and they had started to come fairly often but I hadn't dilated, so they decided to observe me for 2 more hours. They also gave me Benedryl to help me sleep and to see if it would stop my contractions. An hour after I received the medicine my contractions pretty much stopped and hour later they sent me home. It was a terrible night of sleeping for Rod and I but thankfully I was able to come home and sleep. Now we need to give Rod a turn to sleep. Thanks Kristine for coming over and spending the night with our kids, sorry it was all for nothing. I guess now we'll just wait until Friday to really have this baby.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Ughhh..what a pain...literally! I hope you don't have any more of that false labor stuff and hopefully she turns around the right way. Carson was posterior position when he was born...ugh!

Anonymous said...

it wasn't a big deal coming to sleep at your place. John was jealous that I slept with another guy. ( Not RoD! Keegan!)

Dana and ohana said...

Hang in there! Only 2 more days til go time. As for that false labor, heres a story. I went into pre-labor with with Jayden about 20 times but one of the worst times was when Jason was in Asia and so I had to go get Kirstin up at her house on the point to drive me into the hospital in Honolulu. I asked one of her home teachers to give me a blessing before we leaft her house. The contractions were strong and I was visibly hurting. He agreed but said it would be a short blessing. During the blessing a roach climbed up on my arm and I totally shuttered and jumped back--he paniced. He said "healvenly Father, please don't let this baby come now. I don't know what to do and I don't want to deliever a baby!" He said Amen and we were out the door. Labor s a pin, pardon the pun, but it comes with good results! Good luck, we love you.

janeen said...

Dana, I love your story! Who knows if it wasn't for that nasty cockroach Jayden may be a little older and Jason would hav missed her birth. Luckily I have had no more contractions because I told Rod we were not going to go back to the hospital until Friday!

Debbie said...

i am sorry for the false labor, that stinks.

i love dana's story, she had me LOL:)