Thursday, August 2, 2007

Opa!

My grandpa, opa as we called him passed away on Tuesday. These are some things I'll remember most about him.
1. He lead by example. He was always so reserved and reverent.
2. He was spiritual. He served 2 missions, was the stake patriarch, and was a sealer. He gave me my patriarchal blessing and sealed Rod and I in the temple.
3. I remember as I got older and came home from college he would always say "Hello Granddaughter". He said it in a funny tone to be both funny and because I think he was never sure if I was Janeen or Kristine.
4. I remember spending countless hours swimming in his pool, eating all the fruit off his tress, playing in the creek behind his house, and going camping to Alleghany together.
5. He was highly intelligent! He was the master a playing scrabble, loved crossword puzzles, and was really good at the Rubik cube and all those type of puzzles.
6. He loved his children, grand children, and great grand children and would doing anything for us. I think as he got older he became more easy going and really enjoyed hanging out with the kids, even if we were quite loud.
The list could go on and on! Opa was an amazing man and I look forward to the time we will be reunited as an eternal family forever.
Opa, I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your list. i should do one.

he was a great Opa.

Dana and ohana said...

Isn't funny what we all remember? I can see him and Oma with a box of ceral and the morning paper at the table AND I loved his laugh.

john and nikki said...

great list! Opa truly was a great man who accomplished so much in this life.