Thursday, January 17, 2008

I took Rylee in for her shots today. It was the first time seeing our new pediatrician and I really liked her. Rylee measures in the 25% for both height and weight. This really surprises me because I always think Rylee is so chunky. She weighs 16lbs now and developmentally is right on track.
The Dr was worried about the size of Rylee's head though, it's small like her mamma's. I guess her soft spot on her head is almost completely formed (hardened) and that might not be a good thing. The dr said she just wants to watch her carefully and get her previous measurements, so we can know if she's growing okay. I plan on dropping those off tomorrow. If things don't look right the Dr said she'll do a little research to see what we should do with her. I'm not too worried because all my kids have small heads and they seem to be just fine, but the Dr. wants to be extra careful and cautious.
And as for Rylee's shots, she handled it like a trooper,she cried but recovered well and is happy once again. She even learned how to sit up all on her own today. Way to go Rylee, we love ya porky!my happy baby after her shots!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Rylee looks so big sitting up. Alessia didn't learn to sit up until after she crawled. She needs to stop growing. Before you know it you will be celebrating her first birthday. Agh!

Alessia had the same problem (doctors worried because head is small) but I am sure at her next visit they will see that her head is growing at the same rate as the rest of her body. We were just blessed with small headed babies. I don't think I could have birthed a 9lb big headed baby.

Any how keeps us posted on what the docs say and don't let Rylee out of your site because she just might grow more.

john and nikki said...

rylee is not chunky, maybe chunky compared to your other two twigs. i wouldn't worry too much about rylee's head size, all your kids have small heads!