My kids haven't been helping my self-esteem lately. The other day Kaitlin was sitting on my lap and she said, "mom, you have a big belly, my belly is small". Then the next day Keegan ran up and said, "mom, rylee looks cute today" I thanked him and he said, "mom, I didn't say you look cute".
Why are kids always brutally honest but yet it is so funny? If an adult told me I had a big belly, I'd probabaly be offended. Maybe it's because I know this big belly of mine came about from carrying and giving birth to these sassy little boogers. Even though I'd rather not have a big belly, if it means having these 3 kids, I guess it's a good trade.
4 comments:
So, this didn't happen to me but it has been one of my favorite stories. My cousin has a little girl that is four years old and brutally honest. Around Christmas time she told her mom she really wanted a baby for Christmas (a real live one). When they took her to see Santa she told him the same thing, except she added, "but I don't want mine butt to get big like my mom's like when she got a real baby." You got love it.
Don't worry -my daughter is the same way. While walking out the door for YW the other night she said, "you look cute today Mommy." At least I can look cute once in awhile!
strugging with all this myself, oh how to get past it all?
at least they didn't say it to someone else. abby once said, "why is her tummy so big"? right in fromt of a lady whom attended our ward in church.
Post a Comment