Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Grammy wants an update! She never comments on my blog, but she wanted me to update it. So, this post is for you, Mom!

Grammy and Papi told the kids that they can each go to the store and buy a present since Grammy received a bonus at work. (it's something my parents would treat us to when we were kids).

We took the kid's to the store to browse. Kaitlin's mind was pretty much made up before we even got to the store. She wanted a princess bike! And as soon as she saw the princess bike, she about died with excitement. They had a pink princess bike and a purple princess bike, I thought she's choose the pink one but she decided she wanted the purple one because as she says "purple comes from the color purple".

After looking we told Kaitlin we'd call Grammy and Papi and tell them what she found and than we could come back and get the bike later. When it was time to put Kaitlin to bed, she threw a fit and I decided that I should use the new bike as a way to get Kaitlin sleeping in her own bed again. I told her that if she wanted a big girl bike, she needed to sleep in her big girl bed. She went to her bed and although she whined, she did stay in her bed. At 5:30 this morning she came to my room saying "mommy, I slept in my bed, I want my big girl princess bike! When do you think Grammy is going to be here?".

So Kaitlin has decided to be a big girl now. I asked her where she planned on sleeping tonight and she thought for a moment and than said "I think, in my big girl bed, right?".

And as for Keegan, he found a cheap $8 firetruck that he wanted for his present! At first he wanted a cool spider man bike but I guess fire trucks trump spider man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The check is in the mail; so Kaitlin can have her princess bike and Keegan can have his firetruck or bike. See - I commented.

janeen said...

It's a miracle, that you commented!
Thanks! Kaitlin is beyond excited. She has slept in her bed for three nights now and every morning she asks for her bike and wants me to buy a pink princess bike for myself. I told her that I would just use hers and she said, "mom, you are too big, your butt wouldn't fit". Good thing I plan on winning our biggest loser competition!

Sara said...

Kaitlin cracks me up! You have one funny daughter.