I love how kids don't really understand the concept of numbers. Sure they can count, they can even count in order, but the numbers don't really mean anything.
When my kids decide they don't want to finish their food, I make them take as many bites as how old they are, so they can be done. Well both Keegan and Kaitlin have birthday's coming up and they are very excited. So when I tell Keegan he has to take 4 more bites, he usually says how about 5 and with Kaitlin I tell her 2 more bites and she says how about 3. I love this because than in a way I am getting more out of them without them realizing it. Well today during lunch, Keegan got full, I told him he had to take 4 more bites and Kaitlin said "how about 5 since you are almost 5?" and Keegan must have finally realized he's getting taken advantage of because he said "no 5 is more than 4". Kaitlin still didn't understand so when she was done she took 3 bites instead of 2. I love watching my kids finally figuring things out, even if it means I can't pull fast ones over their heads anymore.
2 comments:
yeah when i tell curtis he has to have three more bites i sometimes throw in a few extra since he wasn't counting. now if only this would work with my picky baby.
I love it! I am totally going to use this!!
Post a Comment