Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Kaitlin has been a real booger lately when it comes to eating. She is ALWAYS hungry or at least she says she is, when I finally give her something to eat, she takes two or three bites and than she's done. This morning she did eat all of her cereal but about an hour later she was already hungry. I offered her string cheese but she wanted her left over ice cream from 2 nights ago. At first I said no but than I figured, who cares, if she eat it, let her. Well she took one bite and was done and wanted string cheese, go figure. I figured she didn't like the ice cream because it was sitting in the freezer for two days getting freezer burned, so I told her if she ate all the string cheese she could have some. Kaitlin, of course, promised to eat all her string cheese but about half way through was full. By then she was driving me nuts and I told her that if she didn't eat all her string cheese she couldn't have lunch. Well she pressed forward and I thought she ate it all. An hour later Kaitlin begged for lunch and since it was lunch time I let her decide what we were having. I also made sure she didn't throw her cheese away and that she did indeed eat it all. As soon as we sat down to eat, we found her string cheese uneaten on her chair. Now what is a mom to do? I told her no lunch unless she ate her cheese but now her cheese was hard and crusty. Is it even okay to eat it that way? Well I made Kaitlin take a few bites and than let her eat her tortilla. I kid you not, she took 2 bites and decided she was done. Once again I had had it. I told her no more food for the day until the tortilla was all gone, I wrapped it up, put it in the fridge and not 5 mins later was she hungry again. Thankfully I just pulled her tortilla out of the fridge and said "EAT" and after two bites, she was once again full. I reminded her that she had to eat it all before she was to eat anything else and the little booger just said "mom, when you go to sleep tonight, since I can't use the stove, I am going to go to the store, buy bagels, pay for them, and than eat the whole bag!" I just laughed at her because if you know my little Kaitlin, she can never eat a half a bagel let alone a whole bag. So Kaitlin's tortilla sits in the fridge and I for once am sticking to my guns, no more food until the tortilla is gone! Do any of your kids, eat like this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yes. Mine do. Ansen is actually going through a phase like that right now. We are justgiving him back the food he isn't eating too. He is starting to get better with finishing his food but it is still a struggle. Good luck.
Wow-good for you, say what you mean and mean what you say! I commend you. Keep up the will power.
allie is going thru theis very thing right now too. it's so annoying!
Every day. Every stinkin' day. I made bean and cheese burritos for dinner the other night. I wasn't feeling well (my blood pressure drops when I get this far into a pregnancy) and we didn't really have much in the kitchen, so refried beans and cheese in a tortilla was it. I ended up finding a box of red beans and rice and cooked that up too. Jeremy ate most of his beans and rice, but wouldn't touch the burrito. Then he got mad at me when I wouldn't let him eat the sour cream out of the container and wouldn't eat anything else. Megan wouldn't touch anything on her plate at all. I got so made because I'd made myself cook when I really just wanted to order pizza, I felt awful, and felt, once again, unappreciated at meal time. The next day at breakfast I put their uneaten dinners in front of them and they wouldn't eat. I brought them out again at lunch time. This whole time I didn't allow them anything else to eat and they could only have water to drink. Megan did finally eat her burrito and beans, but I had to sing a song between every bite. Jeremy ate some left over soup that Megan was supposed to eat also from a previous lunch that I'd forgotten about. They both ate their food just in time for us to go to a mother's luncheon that had pizza. Megan was too full to eat, but Jeremy ate one and a half pieces of pizza.
Post a Comment