Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Fisher Price Smart Cycle bike decided it no longer wanted to steer for us. At first I thought it was because the batteries were low. I let the kids ride the bike without steering until the batteries finally went dead. When I finally changed the batteries I realized the bike still did not want to steer. I decided to take it apart and reattach the cords but unfortunately that didn't make a difference either. So I finally called Fisher Price. I fully expected to get the run around, where they tell me I have to do one million things to fix it. Once again, I was wrong. She told me to take the bike, cut the main cord off so the bike would no longer work, send it to her in the mail and than Fisher Price would send us a brand new bike. I am happy that we are getting a brand new bike but it makes me nervous and a little sad ( I know, I am crazy) to have to ruin such a nice toy, even though it doesn't work properly. It's like in Toy Story when Woody gets replaced when Buzz comes around only I am just replacing one bike with another. It's a good thing toys don't really have feelings.

No comments: