Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rod called me this afternoon and told me to turn on the News. He said something was going on at his school and he was hoping it was on the news, he himself had no idea what was going on. I didn't find anything on the T.V. (it wasn't time for the news yet), so I checked the Internet. I finally found something on KUTV.com (a local news station. They said someone saw a man outside of the school with a gun. The school was put on lock down and than the students were evacuated to a local church. It turns out that the news reported the story wrong, no one spotted a man on campus but a lady had called the district stating she heard two boys talking in a convinence store about having guns and other devices and that they planned on doing something to the school.
Rod said there were a bunch of police cars and men at the school but they didn't find anything. So now the police are looking into the matter and seeing if it was just a prank call or if there was a real threat. How crazy is that? You can go check it out at ksl.com

4 comments:

Anna said...

How scary! I'm glad nothing happened yesterday, and hopefully if there was a threat, there won't be anymore. Or even better, hopefully there was never really a threat to begin with!

Anonymous said...

that is scary because at the junior high that my students feed into there was some sort of a shooting today (Friday). I haven't had a chance to get on and see details. At first I was hearing that it was a shooting insdie the school but the second story that I heard...that I think is closer to the truth is that a man parked in the school parking lot and went to a home in the neighborhood, shot someone and went and locked himself in his car on the school grounds. I don't know much but now I am going to check out the internet to see what I can find out!

janeen said...

man things have been crazy around here lately! I'll have to check that story out!

john and nikki said...

glad to hear everything was okay.