Tuesday, March 25, 2008
We decided to go on a drive the other day. As I was putting Keegan in the car, he asked if Kaitlin could sit next to him. I told him that Kaitlin had to sit in the front row because that's where her car seat is. He asked why she had to sit in a car seat and I told him because that's the law. I than told him that he was going to sit in his booster seat until he was 8 because that is the new law. He started to bawl, I couldn't figure out why he was sooooo upset. I told him if he wanted to be safe, he had to obey the law, and sit in his seat until he was 8. He continued to cry and than Rod and I thought it was because he wanted to sit in his booster seat even after he was 8, so we told him he could sit in his booster seat for as long as he wanted. He still cryed and than he said, "I don't want to sit in my booster seat until I am 8"! At the point it finally hit me, he thinks he has to actually sit in his booster seat from now until he is 8 without getting out of the car! I asked him if that's what he thought I meant and sure enough it was. So I explained to him that every time we get into the car he has to sit in his booster seat until he is 8. Now he knows he can actually get out of the car and he is one happy boy again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Forcibly pulling teeth, locking kids in car seats for years on end... where does the abuse stop for you guys? It's fun to hear how kids think and interpret what we say. They are so literal it's great.
that is so cute!
that is hilarious!! poor keegy!
Post a Comment