Since I had my little Ry Ry with me, I had to wait a little bit to start the race, thankfully everyone runs with a timing chip that activates when you cross the starting line and stops when you cross the finish line, so you get an accurate time.
Well I ran the race in 29mins 17secs. I took 11 out of 142 in my age group and 266 out of 1889 of all the woman and 779 out of 3020 for the whole race. It wasn't as fast as I wanted but I did have Rylee with me and I had to do a lot weaving in and out of the crowds of runners. And I am still pleased with how I ran the race!
Kristine, Jamie, and Mary also competed in the race and did well. It was fun to do it all together and now we have to find another race to run. Maybe this time we can find a race when Nikki is in town since she also ran a 5k on Saturday all by herself in NM.
Enjoy the few pictures I took!




4 comments:
Good job!! I am soo impressed with your crazy running self...you go! You inspire me!
Congratulations! I am so impressed. I think if I did a 5K it would take me all day.
Great job! I didn't run that fast and I wasn't pushing a baby stroller! Maybe we can do a 5K in August? Is there any in UT then or over Memorial Day?
you should do the race for teh cure on May 10. I am registered for that one. :)
Post a Comment