Monday, April 27, 2009

While Van shopping on KSL, Rod and I found this type of car It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey, 60,000 miles for $5000. We thought there must be something wrong with it, but I decided to e-mail the guy anyways, and this was the man's reply.

"Hi,
The 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Mileage 60,840 is in perfect working condition. My experienced honda tech has fully checked out this car and gives it a special high rating has a CLEAR and CLEAN TITLE a great history and mechanically without any problems ever safety check and pre-delivery inspection along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the vehicle. The problem is that in the meanwhile I had to move with my family in Cameroon where I got a new job as a construction engineer.I wanted to bring the car along but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I made up my mind and decided to sell the vehicle.
The car is located in New York right now and has USA papers.So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast(I already made a deposit here to buy me another).The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car in the USA.
The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is $5,000 with shipping costs included!I will not negotiate the price.I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car ,to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions.This way,I shall be assured of the serious intentions ."

Do people actually fall for these types of scams? There is no way I would send some man $5000 for him to ship me the car from NY, especially if he lives in Cameroon. I knew this deal had to be too good to be true.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

We totally had someone try to scam us just like that with our apartment as we've been trying to get it rented out. Which we are now doing again because the guy that was going to (and technically may have to still because he did sign the contract) lost his job. The guy lived near India and thought we'd give him our credit card number so he could put the rent money onto our card. Uh, no.

Kristine said...

I can't believe how many scamnmers are out there. John's co-weorker almost signed a rental contract with some guy in India. It turned out to be a huge fraud.

Good luck finding a good car, at a nice deal that isn't a fraud.