Friday, March 9, 2007

Oops...

Yesterday I decided to lock our master bedroom door so the kids would quit jumping on our bed and playing in the blinds. All the doors in our house can be opened with a penny but the front door and of course our master bedroom door. I knew as I was locking it that I would need a key but we were told one of the keys we were given went to the master bedroom. A few hours after I locked the door, we tried to unlock it and of course none of my keys worked. I kept hoping the key might be on Rod's key ring so when he got home at 10:30p.m. we tried all of his keys. I was quite frustrated when none of his keys worked as well. Rod ended up going to walmart to buy a ladder so we could attempt to climb through the bedroom window. Rod is scared of heights but he got up on the roof and luckily our window was unlocked and we were able to get into our room by I think midnight. The moral of this story is never lock a door unless you are positive you have the right key to open the door. And I guess the good part to the story is we now own our own ladder.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a funny story! Atleast now you have a ladder. I would've been really frustrated too!

john and nikki said...

way to go rodney! glad you got in and didn't have to sleep with keegy in his bed!

Anonymous said...

we were glad to hear you got back in your room. and soory to be part of the reason you had to lock the door. that darn curtis just loves to play in there. at least you have a ladder now.