Friday, October 26, 2007

TA DA!

What do you get after two trips to Lowe's, a roll of blue tape, a day full of fun taking down a border, taped counters and ceilings, and two cans of an "Apple of Day" paint? A newly painted Kitchen. It was a lot of work but Rod and I both like it. We still haven't figured out what to do with the cream color wall. We like the color we just don't know what to do with the border. It will be a huge pain to take it down because of the stairs, we'll probably just keep it there for now, but if any of you guys have any ideas, let me know.

6 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

It looks great. What a fun color!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janeen,
The color is scrumptious! I often see the following colors paired up with such a lucious red in decorator magazines, HGTV, and beautifully decorated homes: granny smith apple green, soft daffodil yellow (jonquil), or a taupey brown (like the color of the sand at Charlotte beach). Maybe one of these colors would work...the sand color may work with you floor and cabinets....
Aunt Lee

Sara said...

Oooh, what a great color. Love it!

janeen said...

Thanks for the suggestions Aunt Lee. You're the artist in the family and I appreciate the input, I think I like brown idea, but I don't know if it would be too dark once we get the wood floors put in. What do you think?

Kristine said...

Love the red. you are good painter. i have a good craft for you that you will love but it is secret (at least from John) so I will call and tell you about it sometime soon.

john and nikki said...

LOVE the red! kristine i want in on the craft idea too, call me. Janeen, you could do a light tan color with the red.