Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This morning was a little crazy to say in the least. This is what my kitchen table looked like this morning!
Rod had breakfast with Keegan before he left for work and things were neat and tidy. Kaitlin than woke up and needed breakfast and things just turned into a crazy mess. Kaitlin only had three bowls of cereal for breakfast. She had one bowl of fruit loops, one bowl of honey bunches of oats with strawberries, and one bowl of cocoa crispies. As soon as she finished breakfast, an hour and a half later, I layed the baby down for a nap and decided I better hop into the shower. While I was in the shower, Keegan came running in saying that he was hungry and that he wanted more cereal. He told me he poured himself a bowl but that couldn't do the milk. I asked him to wait as I hurried up and finished my shower. As soon as the water turned off there was Keegan reminding me that he needed milk. I ran into the kitchen to find the top of the milk container all brown from Keegan's attempt to pour his own milk on his cocoa crispies. He also had the biggest bowl of cereal ever. I made him put half of it back and I poured his milk. As I headed back to the bathroom to finish drying off, Katlin ran in naked. She decided she needed a bath. So I filled up the tub, finished drying off and went to my bedroom to get dressed. I was welcomed by Rylee awake on my bed (she sleeps so much better there). I somehow managed to get dressed without Rylee crying and as I was heading off to change Rylee's diaper, I was met by Keegan who needed the rest of his cereal that I made him put back. I poured it in his bowl as he said "I don't think I can eat all of this". Of course, they always say they want more and than decide oops, I mean, I'm all done. As I finished filling up Keegan's new bowl of cereal that he no longer wanted, Kaitlin decided bath time was over. Some how I was able to get them all dressed successfully. Right after getting dressed Rylee decided she was hungry. So Rylee ate and than Keegan decided he was hungry again and the mean mom in me said no more food, wait for lunch. By the time the dishes were done and the craziness of breakfast and getting dressed for the day was over it was 10:30. The kids eat lunch at 11 so the fun began again. Only this time instead of baths and having to get them all dressed, I was able to say "Goodnight, have fun in quiet time". Ahhhhhhhh, the life of a mom. I guess it makes it all worth it when they say "Thanks mom". (After lunch Keegan thanked me for his lunch and Kaitlin thanked me for her ketchup).

4 comments:

Sara said...

Phew...I just got tired reading about your busy morning. I've heard it can get pretty crazy with three kids.

A.Pandina said...

I can't understand that your little girl is so small and petite, yet she eats all that food? Atleast she knows what she likes...cereal good, mmmmm.

janeen said...

Kaitlin wille at just about everything and she is ALWAYS hungry. If there's food, she's eating. Lucky for her she has a great metabolism, I wish I couldsay the same for myself these days.

Nettie! said...

I totally remember when Kaden was still a newborn and life seemed like it would always stay (over the top)crazy! But,it will get better soon! You will be in a routine before you know it and although there will always be unexpected happenings, you will feel more in control...

My kids do that too - "I need another bowl of cereal" and then by the time you pour it - they are FULL and can't touch it!!!